The Sydney Morning Herald Good Food Guide has released their 2017 Hatted Restaurants & Award Winners announced at an awards ceremony on 5 September 2016 at Cirrus (Bentley’s new venture at Barangaroo).
Whilst you’ll notice the usual suspects honoured, such as Quay (taking out top spot by the way), Sepia and The Bridge Room, we’re excited to see newcomers (and some of our favourites) such as Restaurant Hubert, Bar Brose and The Paddington being featured for the first time.
We’ve listed the all the Sydney Hats and the Award Winners below and linked through to our reviews.
ARIA, Automata, Bennelong, Bentley Restaurant & Bar, Est., Ester, Guillaume, Icebergs Dining Room & Bar, Lucio’s Italian Restaurant, LuMi Bar & Dining, Momofuku Seiobo, Monopole, Mr. Wong, Ormeggio at The Spit, Oscillate Wildly, Pilu at Freshwater, Restaurant Hubert, Rockpool Bar & Grill, Sixpenny, Spice Temple, Tetsuya’s.
10 William St, ACME, Ajo, Aki’s Indian Restaurant, The Apollo, Baccomatto Osteria, Bar Brose, The Bathers’ Pavilion, The Bellevue, Berowra Waters Inn, Billy Kwong, Bistrode CBD, The Boathouse on Blackwattle Bay, Bodega, Buon Ricordo, Catalina, China Doll, Cho Cho San, Continental Deli Bar & Bistro, Cottage Point Inn, Da Orazio Pizza + Porchetta, The Dolphin Hotel Dining Room, Felix, Firedoor, Fratelli Paradiso, The Gantry, Gastro Park, glass brasserie, Hartsyard, Izakaya Fujiyama, Jonah’s, Kepos & Co, Kepos Street Kitchen, LP’s Quality Meats, Master, Mercado, Ms.G’s, Nomad, One Ford Street, Otto Ristorante, The Paddington, Porteño, The Restaurant Pendolino, Sagra, Sean’s Panaroma, Sokyo, Stanbuli, Sushi-e, Uccello, Vini, Yellow.
- The Streets of Barangaroo People’s Choice Award: Dead Ringer
- Restaurant of the Year: Quay
- Chef of the Year: Federico Zanellato, LuMi Bar & Dining
- Best New Restaurant: Restaurant Hubert
- Regional Restaurant of the Year: Paper Daisy
- Wine List of the Year: Monopole
- Sommelier of the Year: Tim Watkins, Automata
- Bar of the Year: Continental Deli Bar & Bistro
- Best Bar Food: Bar Brosé
- Best Cheap Eat: Bovine & Swine Barbecue Co.
- Café of the Year: Paramount Coffee Project
Take this as your list of restos to keep you occupied for dinner for at least the rest of this year!